Saturday, March 01, 2014
Fitness Focus: Jogging; Cross-Training Cardio; Muscle Toning
My goals are to get 250 fitness minutes per week (or 1000 fitness minutes for the month total) and to lose 4lbs.
I will accomplish this by:
1) Finishing SparkPeople's 5k Your Way Walk/Jog Program.
2) Doing muscle toning/strength training 5x per week (at least 7 minutes per session).
3) Eating healthy meals that are centered around vegetables and fruit.
4) Tracking meals 3x per week minimum, staying in ranges, and tracking fitness every time.
I will track my goals by:
1) Using the Food and Fitness Trackers
2) Using my scale and tracking my weight on SparkPeople
3) Using my day planner and dry erase board
I will know I've reached my goals when I see 181lbs on the scale and I've reached 1000 fitness minutes.
Items Needed to Achieve this Goal:
1) SparkPeople/Internet access
2) Support from my Spark Friends/AccountabiliBuddy(ies)
3) Good shoes
4) Heart Rate Monitor
5) Free Weights, Resistance bands, Yoga Mat (for strength)
I will find the time to accomplish these goals:
1) Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning, Thursday morning, Friday morning, and Saturday anytime (or Sunday afternoon)
2) Scheduled rest days are Wednesday and Sunday (can be switched to Saturday if needed)
Things I need to learn more about:
1) Exercise induced asthma and how to prevent it.
2) Exercise induced migraine and how to prevent one.
People I can talk to for support:
1) Any of my SparkFriends and specifically my AccountabiliBuddies Malia and Dava.
My goals' relevance:
1) I want to be healthier and to start losing the weight I've put on since moving back to El Centro. I also want to be a runner, so I'm going to start with walking/jogging as my base to improve. I want to increase my muscle strength so I can open my own jars.
I will reach my goal date by:
March 31, 2014
I will weigh weekly on Saturdays.
March 31st- Timed 5k
Sundays- crockpot dinner preparation; breakfast preparation as needed; lunch planning
Tue/Thur/Sat- crockpot dinners or my nights to cook
MWF- dinner cooked by brother and sister-in-law (or not...)
Sunday- attend services; cook breakfast goodies for hospitality ministry when possible
Tuesday- attend Bible study (every other week)
Nightly- read Bible; pray
Start health & nutrition ministry by the end of July (fitness; good food) 1 Corinthians 6:20
Socializing with those friends
Read for pleasure
Work toward fitness, food, and spiritual goals
My reward for accomplishing 75% of goals: Holtville Farmer's Market trip