So here were my goals in February and how I did:
My goal is to lose 4.5lbs in February which would bring me from 172.4 to 167.9. So ultimately my goal is to be under 168lbs at the end of February! As long as I make progress in February I will be satisfied with whatever happens. It would just be really great to be able to reach that goal weight.
So I didn't lose 4.5lbs in February, BUT I did lose 3.8lbs! I was only .7 away from making my goal. Honestly, I am thrilled about that. To be honest, I never thought I was actually going to lose 4.5lbs in February, as I am still easing into this lifestyle again. I just figured I work work harder if I knew I had a big goal. Also I was sick at the beginning of February. I often gain weight when I am sick, and in addition take weeks after the sickness is gone to start being healthy again. This time I maintained my weight well I was sick, and continued eating great after I felt better. Overall I might not have reached my goal set forth in my blog, but I am far exceeding what I actually expected to accomplish in less than 2 months of turning my life around (total of 10lbs lost!!!)
Some none-weight related goals I had for Feb:
- Drink only water or green tea 90% of the time. The other 10% may be wine or gatorade.
I was 100% on point with this other than one sip of my husbands Snapple Apple every time he had one. I even kept my Gatorade drinking (I drink the low cal Gatorade) to a minimum and drank more water instead. I had skinny moscato wine twice this month. Overall I am very happy with my drink consumption choices for February.
-Step up my exercise routine
Eh, kind of but not really. I guess I did step up my exercise routine in the sense that I am now using my elliptcal instead of just using the stepper. But at the same time, I am not exercising any more frequently, which is kinda what I meant when I wrote this goal. Still, it's progress, but I would like to make bigger strides in March.
- Eat more veggies than I did in January
I think I ate about the same as I did in February. Small success though - I am eating veggies I normally don't or haven't in years. So I have upped the variety of veggies in my life, so hopefully that will help me to eat more in March.
- Focus on portion control
I feel like I didn't do too great on portion control for the first half of the month, but did really great in the second half. I think I am happy with where I am now.
- Exercise on work mornings 2x a week in addition to some night workouts & walking to the cafe for the salad bar at lunch.
I did the worst at this goal. I didn't exercise once in the morning. I'm still hoping to change this in upcoming months, but I feel so sleep deprived all the time that the thought of waking up a half hour early is not something I feel like I can get on board with right now. I am okay with this for now. I know sleep is very important to losing weight as well. Also there was a lot of snow/windy cold weather in February so there wasn't much walking to the cafe. More often than not I just brought my own lunch to avoid going outside. A few times I drove to the cafe and a few times I walked when it was bearable. With March hopefully brings nicer weather where I can start walking there more. And last but not least (clearly I should have broken this goal into 3 goals lol) I worked out at night as much as I did in January, as mentioned above.
Overall pretty happy with where I'm at :)
Upcoming thing I am stoked about and WILL achieve in March: Once I lose 2.6lbs I will officially be out of the "Obese" zone and into the "Overwight" zone on the BMI scale! What this means for me? Everything. My main reason for losing weight other than my own health, is to be at a healthier weight before me and my Husband start trying to get pregnant. My doctor said that she doesn't think I should bother killing myself to get into the "healthy" range since I will obviously not be keeping my physique very long, but that I should shoot to get into my overweight zone to be healthier for/during pregnancy and a healthier weight could help up to conceive quicker (plus, less weight to lose post pregnancy!). After hearing that, I came up with my game plan. I want to be down to 155lbs before we decide to start trying to get pregnant. This is smack in the middle of my overweight zone. Then once we start trying, I will continue to try to lose weight (carefully, in case I get pregnant and don't know it) until I find out we are pregnant (cross your fingers for us - that pregnancy actually happens). Hopefully we can start trying and I can get closer and closer to my "healthy zone" or possibly I will even reach it before we conceive.
Okay that is all for today because this thing is getting long and I doubt anybody is going to read the whole thing anyways.
I'm off to prepare the crockpot for some sparkrecipe potato soup and then it's time for some exercise while watching the Biggest Loser on our DVR.