Monday, February 24, 2014
1. At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What is hell?" Come early and listen to our choir practice.
2. Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
3. The concert held in Fellowship Hall was a great success. Special thanks are due to the minister's daughter, who labored the whole evening at the piano, which as usual fell upon her.
4. Today's Sermon: HOW MUCH CAN A MAN DRINK? with hymns from a full choir.
5. Don't let worry kill you off - let the church help.
6. This afternoon there will be a meeting in the South and North ends of the church. Children will be baptized at both ends.
7. Tuesday at 4:00 PM there will be an ice cream social. All ladies giving milk will please
8. Wednesday the Ladies' Liturgy Group will meet. Mrs. Johnson will sing, "Put Me in My Little Bed" accompanied by the Pastor.
9. Thursday at 5:00 PM, there will be a meeting of the Little Mothers Club. All ladies wishing to
be "Little Mothers" will meet with the Pastor in his private study.
10. The service will close with, "Little Drops of Water." One of the ladies will start quietly and the rest of the congregation will join in.
11. The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind. They can be seen in the church basement Saturday.
12. Next Sunday, a special collection will be taken to defray the cost of the new carpet. All those wishing to do something on the new carpet will come forward and get a piece of paper.
13. Weight Watchers will meet at 7 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
14. The pastor will preach his farewell message, after which the choir will sing, "Break Forth into Joy."
15. The church is glad to have with us today as our guest minister the Rev. Sam Green, who has Mrs. Green with him. After the service we request that all remain in the sanctuary for the Hanging of the Greens.
16. Miss Charlene Mason sang, "I Will Not Pass This Way Again," giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
17. Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It is a good chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.
18. The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been canceled due to a conflict.
19. Next Thursday, there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.
20. Barbara C. remains in the hospital and needs blood donors for more transfusions. She is also having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Jack's sermons.
21. The 'Over 60s Choir' will be disbanded for the summer with the thanks of the entire church.
22. Missionary from Africa speaking at Calvary Memorial Church in Racine. Name: Bertha Belch. Announcement: Come tonight and hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa".
23. Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
24. A new loudspeaker system has been installed in the church. It was given by one of our members in honor of his wife.
25. The outreach committee has enlisted 25 visitors to make calls on people who are not afflicted with any church.