Reward myself today!
Sunday, February 23, 2014
I decided it was time for a reward for sticking with my Jan 1st goals and losing 9 lbs since then. I bought new workout pants and a T-back top. I wore it this afternoon to wash the car. Yes, this is Florida on a Sunday afternoon in February.
1. The green tea thing is working really well. It's a small goal easily met and something I can feel good about.
2. The daily blog keeps me Sparking and fills the hole left by the contemplative writers' group I used to go to. It also makes me mindful of the good things in my day. I hope my Sparkfriends aren't getting tired of hearing about the Speckled Trout marina!
3. Curves was a good investment. I can't always get in the recommended 3x a week, but if I don't, I do something to make up for it.
4. I've been consistently exercising, and here's where I see real results. I am amazed by my leg muscles from all the walking I've been doing at lunchtime plus the Curves circuit training. I find that it's not as thorough for upper body, so I've been doing extra SP videos for that.
5. I'm doing better with food; not perfect, but better most of the time. Today I indulged in a gyro with fries. This is the first time I've ever had leftover tzadziki sauce; usually I ask for extras. The fries were excellent, so totally non-greasy that I suspect they were baked. I ate half and left the rest.
6. With trepidation, I synced my fitness and nutrition trackers after I discovered you could do that. My cal range changes with my activity level, even from day to day. I was a little nervous about it, not wanting to get hooked on the idea that I can eat a lot more. Actually, it's made me more aware of what I'm eating and what I need to eat. I hadn't thought that I was under eating since stepping up my fitness minutes. I'll be very interested to see how this affects my weight loss since my scale wouldn't budge.
7. I've kept up with essential Sparking daily. I knew it would be a challenge with a new job, longer hours, different schedule. But I also know that staying connected with my teams and goals is essential to keeping me going. Some days, I do only the minimum--tracking, team check in, blog, and if I don't reply to everyone's encouraging comments, do know that I very much appreciate all your kind words.
8. I'm doing better with sleep and am wrapping up the SP Sleep Challenge. I've got to go to bed on time or early, no excuses, no staying up no matter how good my current book is. I haven't had as many serious middle of the night insomnia fits. I think it's due to being less stressed.
9. Sleeping better and working out more of course helps my energy level. This weekend I woke up ready to go, rather than feeling like I'd run a chronic sleep deficit all week.
10. All those add up to a great day to reward myself with new workout clothes!