Friday, February 21, 2014
I recently complained in a blog that I couldn't get anything started as far as living a more healthy lifestyle. I think I'm on to something now. Here is some evidence:
1. I purchased the Smart Tracker and love it. Yesterday I made my goal of walking over 7,000 steps!
2. While grocery shopping I am trying to buy some of the "new to me" foods I've been reading about like chia, kale, quinoa, whole wheat flour for baking, ezekiel bread (yum), and some Special K crackers. (Eating healthy is expensive!)
3. I've been trying make meals with less pasta/starch.
4. I purchased and am excited to receive an indoor rowing machine. I'm not sure where I'll put it in our house, but it will have to be somewhere easily accessible. My husband is going to give me a boatload of grief about it.
5. Yesterday I had an annual physical. I am at my highest weight ever. My blood pressure is on the high side as well.... big surprise. I just got back from having my blood taken. I'm going to use this as my starting point. I'm excited to see the results.
Spring is coming. I'm ready!