Thursday, February 20, 2014
I had a pretty good day today thankfully. I have exchanged pretty long e-mails with a good friend, ALI, we talked about everything from religion to music, and it felt so good to connect with someone and encourage her but also pick myself back up in the process. Anyway, I made a list yesterday of things that I want to do today for myself. Nothing huge, mostly spiritual things.
- if the weather's nice go for a walk (anything from 15 minutes in the park nearby to a longer walk): well I ended up walking for 3 hours! Which is a lot and it definitely made me tired!
- be kind to myself: I was!
- think/read/watch videos about spiritual topics that interest me for at least a little bit, like 15 minutes: i ended up watching a lot of videos that made me feel better about myself, and it was much more than just 15 minutes.
- track food: I did, here on SparkPeople of course!
- do a minimum 15-minute workout: this one I did not do because I figured all that walking will do for today!
- sit quietly (kind of meditate) for 20 minutes: I didn't do this one either and I don't feel like doing it either, maybe tomorrow when I won't drain myself with such a long walk!
- re-read this list every day: I'm doing it right now! :)
I stayed within my calorie range which is good, and according to my tracked route on SparkPeople I burned 700 kcal with that walk so my calorie balance is pretty good for today, and I'm happy about that but I want to remind myself that right now I want to focus on mentally and emotionally getting better and I refuse to obsess about my weight right now! However I want to stay within my calorie range and have a deficit every day, but - as I said - that's not Goal Number One.