Wednesday, February 19, 2014
I know - it's a few days after the middle of the month, but late is better than never, and this helps with accountability!
So how am I doing on my February goals?
* Run 3x per week - meh. I've been running 2x per week. I do need to add in an additional day of running, but work has been keeping me late, plus I was sick, etc.
* ST 3x per week - nope. I havent STed at all. I really wish I didnt avoid it so much. I need to come up with a plan and stick with it!
* Yoga 3x per week - again, nope. I dont even know why I make yoga goal!
Ok, so fitness-wise, not my best. But, I am at 500+ fitness minutes for the month and I do go to my 3 dance classes each week, so I am not totally slacking!
My Bonus Fitness Goal is to complete the the Princess Half in under 2:19. I think based on my recent training runs, I have a good chance at doing this - we shal see this weekend!
* Drink 6 glasses of water each day - not so good here either. I drink about 3-4 glasses of water, plus about 16oz of fruit smoothies (homemade) each day.
* Avg 1650 net calories / day at the end of each week - I didnt do so well the first week, but I did really well the second week. We'll see how the rest of the month goes.. especially with Disney this weekend.
* Try 1 new smoothie recipe each week - I have been doing this, but I havent been too adventurous - sticking with just fruit for now.
Overall, nutrition is definitely on the upward swing I think - once Disney is over, I think I am going to concentrate a lot more on balancing my nutrition more.
* Read 5 books this month - so far I have completed 2 books and am on my third. I have long flights this weekend so that should help :)
* Complete 2 sewing projects - I completed 3 sewing projects! (but my grandma's quilt is STILL not done)
* Enjoy my birthday - I did this!
So yeah, I think overall February is looking good. This is a short month, and with my trip coming up in 2 days - soon the month will be over. I am already starting to look ahead to March, especially when it comes to fitness and nutrition - I feel like I am moving forwards though, so that is good.
My meeting got cancelled yesterday and rescheduled for today, but it just got cancelled again - dont think I'll be able to reschedule until next week. I do still have a meeting this afternoon, and a meeting tomorrow morning, so the days should go by quickly. I've been pretty busy doing research and taking care of a few miscellaneous things before I leave.
I went to my dance classes last night. I think I am doing much better overall at tap. I didnt feel so completely lost last night, so that is good! I am not impressed with my hip hop class, though. We got a new teacher in January, and I wasnt a fan, and I am still not a fan. My classmates don't seem to be a fan either. I dont find the class challenging, and I am not really enjoying the basic-ness of our dance. :( I am still going, but I am a bit disappointed - hopefully it will get better.
I had planned to get in a last short run today after work, but my afternoon meeting got pushed back to much later, so I am not sure how I will fit it in because I still have a ton of stuff to do at home. We shall see.