Thursday, February 06, 2014
I am making progress on my 14 things to do in 2014.
1. Try kale. It's so healthy. Why haven't I done this yet?
Done 2/5/14 First, I tried it raw, in my salad. Then I tried it in soup. I enjoyed both.
2. Snowshoe. Hopefully we'll have a warmish winter day so I can.
Still waiting on that warmish day.
3. Meet a Spark Friend. Anyone else interested?
Set for March.
4. Walk a walk/run. I was going to put 5K but I just want to start by doing one that isn't virtual.
Working on this.
5. Get a facial. It sounds like so much fun!
6. Learn Tunisian Crochet. I've crocheted for years. It's about time I broaden that skill.
I ordered a DVD for this and am waiting for it to come.
7. Take an Excel class. Years ago, I took a Word class and my DH took an Excel class with the idea that we'd teach the other person what we learned. That part never happened and I am often lost in Excel so it's just easier to let my DH take over. I need to rely less on him.
Signed up. Class starts 2/19.
8. Take a cooking class. Online or in a classroom -- just something to expand my skills.
9. Call or see a friend every week. I connect too much online and that just isn't the same.
This one is much more like a resolution. It is going well.
10. Listen to a book on tape. It will be good to stretch my auditory skills.
I'm currently listening to one of the Sue Grafton books.
11. Try seeding root vegetables in early November so they over winter. I heard about this on public radio and am curious to try it.
12. Visit a new Wisconsin town. I'll have several options. I just need to decide which direction I should aim the car.
13. Try hummus. It was easier to try new things when I worked. I could take something to work and try it. If it turned out I liked it, I could buy more.
Done 1/12/14 It was okay -- just okay.
14. I'm still having trouble deciding on this one. I could fill it in many ways.