Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.


    KIM22211   47,682
SparkPoints
40,000-49,999 SparkPoints
 
 
If you dont already have one, get one!

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Two days ago, my daughter and her bf went over to my mom and dads house. They both got a headache while over there. I passed it off as from the heat. They are older and keep their house much hotter than we are used to. Then my son and his girlfriend came to visit yesterday and both later suffered a serious migraine. He suggested they get the place checked out. So they called a friend that does home inspections and he told them to go buy and carbon monoxide detector. Long story short, fire dept came, entered the house with their gas masks on, and told them they could not reenter. The chief told them they would not have survived the night!!
I am relieved to say they are here and fine staying the night with us but please check your house if you don't have one already! It could save your life
SHARE
  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

GENRE009 2/7/2014 12:32AM

    Older people are on so many medications. That it thins their blood out, and they have no circulation, and are always cold. Wow that's scary! Those space heaters make you sick too, they smell like you are breathing in kerosene. It's a good thing that nothing happened. People leaving on their ovens, and going to sleep have died too. take care, haven't gotten to the project yet, been busy. Watch any good dvd's?
Have you ever seen War Horse, it was great. eva emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
EMSSBEARS 2/5/2014 4:30PM

    Thanks for the warning. I am so glad they are ok that is terrifying praise God it was caught in time.

Report Inappropriate Comment
BAMAJAM 2/4/2014 1:34PM

  How kind of you to warn everyone about this--
Thank you!

Report Inappropriate Comment
LIZSPRINGSTEEN 2/4/2014 12:27PM

    WOW! I'm so glad they got it found out before they suffered really bad consequences!!!! EVERYONE needs a carbon monoxide detector!!

Report Inappropriate Comment
SHORTSTORY2 2/4/2014 11:35AM

  That is frightening!! Glad everyone is okay. We had our carbon monoxide detector in our coach go on the fritz. It was a hard wired one and started ringing and wouldn't go off. We had the darn thing replaced with a battery one which we are faithful to check the batteries in it. It is mandatory in a lot of states now to have them if you sell your house. Hope everyone will be alerted by your experience. Eileen

Report Inappropriate Comment
SHELLS514 2/4/2014 9:24AM

    So glad they are okay; that is so scary! God was very much watching out for them. emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
GODSCHILDAMYB 2/4/2014 8:50AM

    Praise God it was found out and they are alright! God looks after His own and theirs!

Report Inappropriate Comment
WHYNOTJ1 2/4/2014 8:47AM

    Wow, that is scary. It was a requirement when we moved into this house, although old houses like ours are drafty and therefore not as risky as new structures. Everyone, please make a note to change your batteries whenever you reset clocks for daylight savings. Smoke and CO2 detectors don't do any good if their batteries aren't working!

Report Inappropriate Comment
AVANELL 2/4/2014 8:05AM

    I'm so glad they detected it before it was too late! Praise the Lord for His hand of protection over them.

Report Inappropriate Comment
GARDENCHRIS 2/4/2014 7:15AM

    glad they are ok!

Report Inappropriate Comment
SEVERINA418 2/4/2014 6:29AM

    Now I know what happened... I asked in Weight for God, so please excuse my question in there. Thank God they caught it in time!!!

Report Inappropriate Comment
CHANGEOLA 2/4/2014 3:30AM

    emoticon for sharing Kim and thank God they are safe. I have one installed in my apartment thankfully emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
STEPH-KNEE 2/4/2014 3:22AM

    How scary! I am so glad they are okay! emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment

Add Your Comment to the Blog Post


Log in to post a comment.
 


Other Entries by KIM22211