Quick Update: I lost 1 more lb for January! Yay! That makes 4 lbs down for that month and another goal achieved. :-) I also did my end of the month timed 5k walk on Friday afternoon and it was... not a good time, but not the worst I've ever done. In my defense, I had some pretty strong winds that I was walking into (between 12 and 17 mph gusts) so it was a huge effort to move forward. Also, I was outdoors on a dirt canal bank in this wind, so my asthma was flaring up big time. Anyway, my walk came out to 54:49. I hope to see improvement for the next walk.
Also, I posted a fun vlog (at least I hope it's entertaining... no one has commented on it, so I'm not sure that anyone has actually watched it) for my January reflections. You can view that here:
Fitness Focus: Walking/Jogging; Muscle Toning
My goals are to get 250 fitness minutes per week (or 1000 fitness minutes for the month total) and to lose 4lbs.
I will accomplish this by:
1) Walking 5-7 days per week (35-50 minutes per day).
2) Doing muscle toning/strength training 2x per week (at least 5 minutes per session).
3) Eating healthy meals that are centered around vegetables and fruit.
4) Tracking meals 3x per week and tracking fitness every time.
I will track my goals by:
1) Using the Food and Fitness Trackers
2) Using my scale and tracking my weight on SparkPeople
I will know I've reached my goals when I see 181lbs on the scale and I've reached 1000 fitness minutes.
Items Needed to Achieve this Goal:
1) SparkPeople/Internet access
2) Support from my Spark Friends/AccountabiliBuddy(ies)
3) Good shoes
4) Heart Rate Monitor
5) Free Weights, Resistance bands, Yoga Mat (for strength)
I will find the time to accomplish these goals:
1) Monday afternoon, Tuesday afternoon, Thursday afternoon, Friday morning, and Saturday anytime (or Sunday afternoon)
2) Scheduled rest days are Wednesday and Sunday (can be switched to Saturday if needed)
Things I need to learn more about:
1) Strength training exercises to do at home and proper form.
People I can talk to for support:
1) Any of my SparkFriends and specifically my AccountabiliBuddies Malia and Dava.
My goals' relevance:
1) I want to be healthier and to start losing the weight I've put on since moving back to El Centro. I also want to be a runner, so I'm going to start with walking/jogging as my base to improve. I want to increase my muscle strength so I can open my own jars.
I will reach my goal date by:
February 28, 2014
I will weigh weekly on Saturdays.
February 15- The Edge 5k fundraiser
February 28- Timed 5k walk
Sundays- crockpot dinner preparation; breakfast preparation; lunch planning
Tue/Thur/Sat- crockpot dinners or my nights to cook
MWF- dinner cooked by brother and sister-in-law
Sunday- attend services; cook breakfast goodies for hospitality ministry when possible
Tuesday- attend Bible study (every other week)
Nightly- read Bible; pray
Start health & nutrition ministry by the end of July (fitness; good food) 1 Corinthians 6:20
Socializing with those friends
Read for pleasure
Work toward fitness, food, and spiritual goals
My reward for accomplishing 75% of fitness minutes goals: Home Pedicure
Foot soak, wash, scrub, toenail trim and shaping, polish
And since I didn't post an adorable cat picture last time, I've got a great one for you! He was actually sleeping like this when I snapped the photo.