Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Here were my 2014 goals, along with my progress.
1. I will return to the 150s. I am not sure 150 is the best for me; 155 may be more do-able. I have recently discovered that I enjoy yoga stretching and stretching in general. I also continue walking and resistance band workouts. I will do the resistance bands workouts twice per week.
I have lost 2# since beginning the BLC24 and RV Enthusiasts 500 Calorie Deficit challenges. I am quite happy with that. I have a DVD that has more yoga stretching and resistance bands workouts on it that I will be checking out as well. I have been doing the resistance bands twice per week.
2. I will continue to reuse/recycle. I still have more yarn and fabric from past projects.
I have used some more yarn, and I have begun making potholders from fabric that I have had for past projects. Some of these will be gifts; some will be sold, perhaps.
3. I will finish the Christmas quilt that I mentioned earlier. I believe it will be the right size to use on our bed in the Christmas 2014 season. I will still have two to make, but I need to start with one.
The quilt that I mentioned will NOT be large enough for our bed, but it will make a nice seasonal throw. I chose a coordinating print for the back of the one that the top was complete, and need to sew the two halves of the back together. Then I can baste the top, batting, and back together to get it ready to be quilted.
4. I will log freggies and water. This seems harder since the Start page has been re-designed, but I have already begun a January 2014 log that is on my fridge.
I have a tally sheet on my fridge that I use for this. I have 10 cups of water minimum every day, and freggies have been a minimum of 5 except for one day since 1/1/2014.
5. I will pay off a credit card. I have a plan in place to do this already. I will have this done prior to December 2014, but it may be that it may be done by June 2014.
I may make two payments per month - the minimum amount due at the first of the month when I regularly get my retirement check, and then more later in the month when I get the check from my part-time job. I got a COLA increase as well as eliminated an unnecessary monthly expense, and so will put part of that toward the credit card bill as well.
So I believe 2014 is going along well.