Wednesday, January 29, 2014
After reading and doing a lot of thinking I guess it's time to start moving forward with this.. Many people suffering from this neurological condition I have, have been helped with dietary changes. So there's one big motivation right there. Other things are my often upset stomach, diffuse allergic reactions to God knows what, random attacks of urticaria and swollen legs, muscle pain, joint stiffness, and oh, obesity. I really have NOTHING to lose by trying, except maybe my addiction to sugar and caffeine.
After looking into a couple of anti-inflammatory plans I found one that sounds good, and it lasts first of all for 6 weeks. I guess I like the "temporary" idea, even though I know that if this works, it's going to be for life. Or at least some variation of the plan.
I'm well aware though that symtoms can increase in the beginning, and I have to remind myself of that so as to not give up. I give up too easily, one of my weaknesses.
Anyway, here's a general list of yes and no-foods.. of course there are more, but this gives an idea.
- Deep-fried foods such as french fries
- Refined sugar
- All things gluten
- Potato, tomato and other nightshades
- Highly processed packaged foods/canned veggies with sugar etc
- Eggs, chicken, fish, turkey, small amounts of red meat
- Fresh/frozen/canned vegetables
- Olive oil, butter, sour cream
- Nuts (in moderation)
- Leben, plain yogurt and fresh cheese (to help my gut..)
- Rice (not going low-carb, lol!)
It looks strict and yes, it is. I'll be all alone here in eating like this, but I'll have to keep on pushing. If it helps it would be worth it. :)