I'm getting tired of being tired (haha) in the morning and I want to have more energy during the day, especially while at work. So amongst other challenges, I joined the sleep one. If I'm trying to better my weight, and diet, may as well add sleep, right? This is for me to keep track of the journal in one place; feel free to use it as well (taken from the Sleep Challenge).
1. What time did you wake up today?
2. What time are you lying down to go to sleep?
As of yesterday, 10pm
3. What, if any, was your bedtime routine?
4.What were the last food(s) you consumed tonight? (Include type, amount, and time you ate.)
5.Did you exercise today? (Include the type, duration, and time of day if you exercised.)
Not exactly; walked around for about an hour, but that's it. Yesterday was free day.
6. Did you consume any alcoholic beverages today? (Include type, number, and time of day.)
7.Did you consume any caffeinated drinks or foods today? (Include type, number, and time of day.)
Half of restaurant cup of coke zero around 2:30pm.
8.Did you take any medications (prescription and/or over-the-counter) today? (Include type, amount, and time of day.)
Besides Apri at 10am, none
9.Did you take any naps today? (Include number of naps, duration of each, and time of day.)
10. What types of stressors did you encounter today, and what types do you expect to encounter tomorrow?
Boyfriend got food poisoning. Poor guy :(
11.How hungry did you feel today? (1- Not hungry, 2- Normal hunger, 3- Strong hunger, 4- Extreme hunger)
12.How awake did you feel today? (1- Exhausted, 2- Somewhat tired, 3- Fairly alert, 4- Wide awake)
13. How irritable did you feel today? (1- Calm, 2- Slightly annoyed, 3- Moderately irritable, 4- Highly irritable)
2 (Was more stressed then anything).
1. How long did it take you to fall asleep last night? (This may be an estimate.)
45 minutes-hour (much longer than usual)
2.How many times did you wake up during the night? (Include times you woke up and how long you stayed awake.)
Two times between 11pm to 1 am, three or four between 1am to 6:30am, twice between 6:30am to 8:10am. Most of the time I just rolled over and fell asleep, but around 1am it took around 5 minutes, 3 am took 10 minutes, and 6:30 am took 30 minutes. Last night sucked. Had the most bizzare yet frightening nightmare that left me like this:
3. In total, how many hours did you sleep last night?
Probably between 6-7 hours.