Monday, January 20, 2014
… To write this blog. Today I celebrate losing a total of 60 pounds! It has taken me since August 2013 to get here … I didn't have setbacks, just plateaued a couple of times and started losing slower than the first year (I rejoined SP 7/1/2012). What has been important to me is:
1. I didn’t give up … I kept tracking, moving and participating on SP.
2. I focused on NSV – there were plenty. More stamina, more confidence, better sleep, fitting into boots I purchased 7 years ago, rings/necklaces now fitting, looking better, feeling better – just to name a few.
3. I increased my movement gradually – in 2012, I barely could walk 800 steps per day; in 2013, I averaged 3200 steps per day; 2014 – I am up to 4000 steps per day! This is amazing to me.
4. My BFF today told me as a result of watching/hearing me go on about my health, progress, and SP … has decided to create a healthier lifestyle for herself and is now on a lifestyle plan that suits her! She just lost 5 pounds!
5. I learned to let go that I wasn’t losing as fast as I wanted to … but learned to focus on where I am right now. This has put me in more awareness of staying in healthy habits. Sometimes I wonder if in the past where I lost too fast, I didn't haven’t enough time to assimilate the new reality…thereby resulting in gaining again – you know the yo-yo syndrome.
I’m also seeing in my future the ability to travel in an airplane again – to visit my friend, my son, go to meetings, conferences, etc. I thought those days were behind me.
I’ve come a long way … still have at least another 70 lbs to lose… However, I choose to focus on what is right now! And I will celebrate each of those steps I continue to take that keeps me on a healthy road. I can do this … I won’t back down (my mantra :-} ) … For the BEST OF ME IS YET TO BE!!