Sunday, January 19, 2014
After re-reading the "10 Step Wellness Plan" blog I wrote, there are some things I need to do that haven't been done.
1. clean out closets/clean out my "life closet" - just like my Christmas closet, my "life closet" needs to be gone over and the junk thrown out. things in my life need to be moved around or put somewhere else. I can't close the door on wellness issues, hoping they will fix themselves or go away. I have to plan snacks into the meal planning - there can't be "hunger days" where I'm so hungry that I will eat anything! The numbers can't be constantly at the top end of the calorie range for the day or consistently letting the fats portion go higher. I have to have balance in everything - eating, fitness, ME time, and work.
2. I have to accept that part of the ME time is sitting at the kitchen table to read and that is how it is. I've tried reading other places - they are just not comfortable. So... one snack time will be late at night after I get home from work. I went back and read over my past trackers and, since I eat dinner at 3PM, it is too long to go until morning for my next meal. so part of #1 is the planned snack at 11PM.
3. I have done the swimming, ST, walking (even though the weather hasn't co-operated). so the fitness is going very well (wow - one good thing!)
4. have done team chats, FaceBook, and journal. 2 things right!
5. (refer to #2 - I have studied past tracking and worked out a meal plan)
6. ok-3 things done right!
7. I have not always done well on dinners out - and the scale has shown me up. this is the biggest setback and a tough one to beat when family members don't help much because they are not on the same journey as me. I have learned what I can do the next 2 days after and have done it. I don't like it, but I do it!
8. (refer to #1)
9. still compare how I have done/am doing to others. but I am always impressed by others' motivation and hope to channel some of that.
10. have done some of those things listed already.
it's only been 3 weeks and I realize some of the things that need to be changed, some things that cannot change, and others I have to change that I don't want to change. Those are the hardest to work on, but I plan on facing those obstacles and pushing them aside. I can't wait until the nicer weather happens to walk more outside and get ready for the 5K in May, can't wait to finish losing the 20 lbs. for the Alaska trip, and can't wait to start biking.
So buckling down and gritting my teeth and getting it done is the phrase for now.
Thank you to all the Pink Pirates for your help on the voyage of the Encourager. None of this would happen without you all!