True it is that 4 days ago I jumped on the "net" and added a transmission for this "i choose blog" that has been so zenjoyful to participate in
Thanks to all for stopping by...
Several asked about the present hub bub in my reading pile...I joyfully share the excitement I am having in the tomes( this may be a wee bit lengthy so hang on tight)---->
1. "365 ways to RELAX mind, body & soul by Barbara L. Heller
I read a few suggestions a day, note the ideas in my reading journal & give the activity a rating after trying the "relax recipe":
will try again or
2. "Lao Tzu's Tao Teh Ching translated by John C.H. Wu
There are 81 "life lessons" in this classic...each day I review those I've read and then read 5-10 new ones (fun zen time)
3. "Easy-To-Use Zen by David Scott
4. "Zen it's history and teachings" by OSHO
5. "Living Out Loud..activities to fuel a creative life" by Keri Smith
FULLY loaded fun activity guided awesome book
6. "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff and it's all small stuff" by Richard Carlson PH.D:
100 entries to keep those little things from becoming big things--gotta love the positivity inside this little gem...read 3-5/reading session
(library book-mystery) = "Cool Repentance" by Antonia Fraser:
I try to keep those library books circulating!
8. "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron:
Started the "morning pages" exercise this very day!!!!
9. "The Silly Riddle Book" with pictures by R.W. Alley:
One silly riddle per read...trying to memorize a few so I can be ready for action when the young ones are prancing about
10. "Everyday Wisdom" by Dr. Dwayne W. Dyer:
Read one/day, contemplate the wisdom & highlight the choice...after all choices are highlighted, I've finished the book
11. "My First 1000 words in Japanese":
testing my memory cells with this little lovely
Sunday = nichi-yobi
My first book of 55 is in the wrapped up pile..."Friday, the Rabbi Slept Late" by Harry Kemelman... this was a mystery from the library shelves....
That is my list at the moment
Now for some choices to chew on:
I choose...active participation with the book shelves
I choose...getting' my journal on
I choose...reading outside my comfort zone for a little
Adding moments of reading immersion to my life....Zenjoy
55 books for 2014...watch out I'm lighting the reading lamp