Friday, January 17, 2014
Using the worksheet provided, I came up with the following three SMART goals for BLC24 (SMART = Specific/Significant, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic/Relevant, Time-dependent).
1) To complete the BLC challenge by participating every single day
2) To stay within my calorie range at least 6 days a week*
3) To get at least 60 exercise minutes at least 6 days a week
* One of the many things I love about SparkPeople is that you can connect your calorie limits to your exercise, so you continue to get more calories as you expend them, which works really well for me, since I want to eat more on days I work out more, etc.
And some questions from the worksheet:
More Strategies for Successfully Achieving SMART Goals:
1. Spread the word – who will you tell? Hah! The whole freaking world!
2. Be accountable to at least 1 other person – who is your “accountabili-buddy(s)”? My SparkFriend Chelsea stays in daily touch with me, which keeps me pumped up and makes me accountable. My partner James gives me workout motivation when I have none, and happily shares my foods with me so it's easy to eat to plan. My 100+ First Step Club (FSC) "home team" on SP is the place I go for reminders that I'm worth it. There are so many of my beautiful SparkedFriends on FSC that I am afraid to list them all for fear of forgetting someone. SO many awesome FSC folks!!
3. Set up a reward system – what will you get if you do your behavior goals? What will you do if you don’t do your behavior goals?
If I meet all three of my BLC24 goals, I will take $100 to my favorite clothing store and buy whatever I want. I don't do punitive goal-setting, so the only thing I'll do if I don't meet my goals is dust myself off and try again.