Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.


    SINGINGLADY47   22,420
SparkPoints
20,000-24,999 SparkPoints
 
 
Update and devotional

Friday, January 17, 2014

Yesterdays trip to Dr. Schwaber (Menieres doctor) was upsetting to say the least. I have 85% hearing loss in my left ear. He asked me "Would you be willing to lose the other 15% on the left side?" My answer was a flat out "NO"! He wants to remove the nerve from my inner ear on the left. I will not do that. If I am to be deaf on the left side, then I will let the Lord take care of that and I will accept it but I will not purposely kill the hearing I have left on that side.The Menieres is worse on the right side and I will still have the balance issues even if the surgery is done. I will wait and be content to let the Lord make the decision if I am to be deaf on the left side. I love my music too much to lose my hearing. Enough said on that. I am posting this blog to keep you informed. I won't be around too much each day for about a week. Need to rest. So much going on. Bear with me please. Love y'all.

DEVOTIONAL:

True Courage

Are you timid? Cautious? Could you use some courage? Scripture says, “There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1). “For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God” (Colossians 3:3). If you’re in Christ, these promises are not only a source of joy, they are the foundations of true courage!

When God looks at you, he doesn’t see you; He sees the One who surrounds you. Failure’s not a concern for you; your victory is secure. How could you not be courageous? In Hebrews 10:22, the writer says, “Since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus—let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith.”

The point is clear. The Father of Truth will win, and the followers of Truth will be saved. The prize is yours. Applaud the victory!

From The Applause of Heaven (by Max Ludado


youtu.be/ZNNZpcmhZTU Victory in Jesus w/ lyrics
SHARE
  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

HANNAHSGRAMMIE 1/19/2014 3:56PM

    Judi, I'm praying for you. I don't blame you; I don't think I'd willingly lose my hearing. I don't know all the circumstances, but it doesn't make sense to me. You're smart....trust God.

Ronda

Report Inappropriate Comment
KATHARINEBRAY 1/18/2014 4:37PM

   

I dont blame you . i wouldnt chance any more loss on the hearing part
rest up emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
FLYER99 1/18/2014 10:24AM

    I apologize. I never knew you had this condition... I must have missed your posts. Many times I let God handle it. I've run into a few health issues this past year (I guess it's a part of growing old) and I have taken my health more into my own hands. Because when I do that, I can let God handle it.

I applaud you for your stance in dealing with your health issues. God is the greatest healer of all. He will let you know what to do.

God Bless You and keep you wonderfully at peace with your health issues.

Bob



Report Inappropriate Comment
GENRE009 1/17/2014 7:25PM

    Hi Judi,
I just got my computer back from repairs for 5 days. I was very sadden to hear this news about your health. I pray that these doctors help you. I think it is a testament to the quality of person you are that you have stood strong in the lord. You have my prayers, and blessing that you will get the rest you need, and care, and will be guided to make all the right decisions. I will pray for your healing, and that your ear heals, and that your heart gets mended too. For you have a song in your heart that has been very pleasing to the lord, and my ears since our friendship. Judi, we all love you & will be praying for your health. lol, eva emoticon emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
BAMAJAM 1/17/2014 2:00PM

  Dear Judi-- May God's grace be with you and give you comfort throughout all your medical concerns. Your Faith and acceptance of His will in your life is very inspiring. It is wise for you to get the rest that you need---
God bless you.

Report Inappropriate Comment
SANDRALEET 1/17/2014 9:56AM

    Love you to Will pray for you Our strength is in the lord no matter our situation

Report Inappropriate Comment
SMILINGEYES2 1/17/2014 9:30AM

    Praying for your hearing. Our journey here is not easy. Indeed what a glorious day it will be when there are no more disabilities but we have new bodies as God originally planned.

Report Inappropriate Comment

Add Your Comment to the Blog Post


Log in to post a comment.
 


Other Entries by SINGINGLADY47