We made the trip up to Prairie du Chien, I loved both buildings, but the other one (which is owned by the same people), is also an antique building, very old, BUT the advantages are:
1) It's cheaper for them: 2700. for the Dousman house, $1700. for the other;
2) Can't have beer kegs in the Dousman house, can have 1 keg in the other;
3) Everything is in one room, but the bar in the Dousman house, there are 2 rooms in the other; one where we can have the DJ and dance floor (plus there's a big bar there, and tables can be set up) so if people don't want to listen to the music, they can sit in the other room, still hear it, but it's not as loud. PLUS the other has a beautiful patio outside that overlooks a pond;
4) We can't really decorate much in the Dousman house, but can decorate a LOT in the other;
5) We can have an "endless buffet" in the other one, but in the Dousman it's a choice of 1-3 entree's, with only one plate (not that I need more, but others, after drinking, love to eat, which is great..it cuts down on the alcohol).
So there you go...they're deciding today which they want, it was really exciting to go up there and see the area, we go every summer, but in the winter, I've not been there in years, and I loved it.
Looking into dining hall in The Barn
Another of main hall.