Beck Day 13 & 14, week 2 in review
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Day 13 - overcome cravings
I'm going to expand this one to "overcome cravings when you're bored", lol.
1) Label it - talk to yourself - tell yourself it is a craving or it is boredom. If you're truly bored, no amount of food will fix that.
2) Stand firm with yourself - if it is a craving only, you will not eat
3) Don't give yourself a choice - cravings are emotional, do not give yourself a choice
4) Imagine the aftermath of giving in - will it really be worth it?
5) Remind yourself why you want to be able to withstand cravings - to lose weight!
1) Distance yourself from the food you crave - don't keep triggers in the house, leave the room, go to the bathroom (like, if you're in a restaurant and you're just eating away at a plate of fries)
2) Drink a no- or low-calorie beverage - it is easy to confuse thirst with hunger
3) Relax - set a timer for 3 minutes and meditate, breathing in and out, etc....at the end of the 3 minutes, you'll feel more in control of your cravings
4) Distract yourself - go for a walk, get up and move, make tea, wash dishes, clean house, etc.
Day 14 - plan for tomorrow
Plan food and exercise one day in advance - make a checklist and check things off as you eat them or as you exercise.
That's pretty straight forward.
My recap for Week 2 and goals for Week 3:
Highest Weight: 211
Previous Weight: 193.4
Today's Weight: 191.2
Goals for Week 2 were:
1) Continue to blog Beck task daily - DONE
2) eat at least 1 serving of fresh vegetables and 1 serving of fresh fruit per day - NOPE
3) make one recipe - stick to Paleo/South Beach style - NOPE
Food - was pretty good, I mostly stayed within range. I still found myself eating too many carbs and not enough protein, so while I'm doing ok with calories overall, I did not add one fruit and one veggie per day and I didn't try any new recipes.
Exercise - none to speak of other than a few walks and one video at home. Work days are difficult to get exercise in and when I have a day off, I'm too tired and lazy to exercise. Maybe think about finding some kind of active task - like gardening?
SparkPeople - blogged, was active and reading other blogs :-)
Goals for Week 3:
1) Continue to blog daily
2) Run/walk 5 miles for DONE girls challenge
3) Keep house clean, laundry done and folded
4) Read Advantages Card at least once a day
5) Last week I wrote out a schedule for myself for waking up in the morning, doing yoga, eating breakfast, etc...I haven't used the schedule even once. So my plan is to just start a bit at a time. First, get used to getting up at 6:30 every morning. Next week, I'll add the yoga or breakfast, etc...until I've got my schedule down and a habit created. So this week - get UP at 6:30 every morning this week, even days off.
6) Print off the schedule I created for Day 8 and post it on my fridge - work on this task this week so I can structure my days to fit everything in