This new program is going slowly as my knees and shoulders are kicking up a fuss but I'm still plugging along but I'm thinking I'm going to revamp the workout schedule to suit my needs somewhat. Perhaps as I go along, it will get easier and by the time I start the Push phase, I'll be able to do the workouts as scheduled.
This morning, I did Burn Intervals which according to the schedule is my Day 4 (including the Day 2 rest day). Chalene suggested using no heavier than 5 lb dumbbells as the ST intervals were to build endurance rather than strength. I started with 5 lbs but had to drop down to 3 lbs for some of the exercises.
All of the ST exercises were high reps and used different speeds and/or angles.
Although, there was no tracking sheet for the workout, this was the workout I did with relevant comments. Please note that if the cardio was pretty straight forward, I didn't provide any comments.
2. The first cardio interval was Jump Rope drills. No problem here. I followed the modifier and basically just bounced up and down on my toes.
3. Bicep Curls - 5 lbs
4. Speed Skate w/out toning band around my ankles
5. Overhead Shoulder Press - 3 lbs
6. Kickboxing Drill
7. Stationary Lunges w/Knee Lifts & no weights
8. Lunges w/Jump Shots - no weights
9. Bent-over row - 5 lbs - alternating arms and then both arms
10. Plyometric Bowler's Lunge - Here's that darn Bowler's Lunge again
but I found it easier to do in this workout because they were alternating lunges and not all on one leg like in Burn Circuit 2.
11. Bent-over tricep extension and then overhead - 3 lbs
12. Kickboxing Drills w/out toning band
13. Lateral raises - 3 lbs
14. Sumo burpees - 20 - I had to do the modified burpee even more modified than what the modifier was showing. Burpees just kill my lower back so instead of putting my hands on the floor, I put them on my exercise bench. This morning, I did them the way the modifier was doing them except for the floor/bench thing but I'm going to try to do the burpee by jumping back and forward while using the bench in the future and maybe someday, I'll even be able to do them the real way!
15. Bicep Curls (the 3-part curl - half-way up, out, curl) - 3 lbs
16. Alternating Plyo Reverse Lunges - no weights
17. Weighted Standing Crunches (I love standing ab work since I hate getting down on the floor) - 5 lbs
18. Kickboxing Drills
19. Squats - 5 lbs
20. Jumping Jacks, High Knees w/out toning band - I did the modified exercise
21. Lower Body Blast w/out toning band - standing leg extensions forward, rear, side, squats
22. Cool Down
Workout Time - 50 minutes
Calories Burned - 323
I was supposed to do the Ab Burner workout as well but I'd had enough after the interval workout. I'll try the Ab workout tomorrow and if it's too difficult, I'll substitute one of my ab-focused cardio workouts like Jazzercize's Dancin' Abs or Gilad's Maximum Abs or Abs on Fire. Heck I might even do both just to get my FM up there since the Ab Burner is only 15 minutes long.