Thursday, January 09, 2014
Try this quiz:
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five men’s singles Wimbledon champions.
3. Name the last person to reach the summit of Mt. Everest.
4. Name ten people who have won a Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Oscar winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last 5 countries that hosted the Summer Olympics.
How did you do?
The point – none of us remember the headliners of yesterday, and these are no second-rate achievements. They were the best in their fields – “world-class”. But, eventually, applause dies, awards tarnish, accomplishments are forgotten, accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Now try this quiz.
1 teacher who aided your journey through school.
2 friends who have helped you through difficult times.
3 people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4 people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5 people you enjoy spending time with.
6 real-life heroes whose stories have inspired you.
The point of these quizzes – the people who make a difference in our lives are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that most care.
People don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care!
So, today show someone how much YOU care!!