2014 - I am back (for now): resources, inspiration and my new wonderful life (with challenges)
Wednesday, January 08, 2014
Hello Sparkpeople friends
I haven't posted in a very long time. Things have changed a lot.
- I moved to a lovely home in rural Switzerland with my partner. I am a housewife and freelance language teacher. My partner offered me to pay for my living and food by taking over the household chores. I love being able to give my time and work and not money (that for now keeps coming in irregularly), plus it makes me move.
- I put the weight back on; 51 kg it was at its maximum. I was so fit leading up to the move with all the packing, walking around in the good weather etc. I have managed since late autumn to loose 2 kilos by eating less.
- I am the main chef ;) in the home now, which means I have control. I cook healthier foods and am trying to make the portions smaller, but also have treats.
- I have a craving (chocolate etc.) problem
- I have built some nice habits: morning pages (after Julian Cameron), gratitude journal before bed, oils to wake/stimulate (citrus) and calm before bed (lavender).
- I love listening to podcasts now (the Rich Roll podcast, The Wellness couch and all their podcasts: favourites are Up for a Chat, Inside the Champion's mind, 100 not out, Careers unplugged)
- I am working on my productivity : books, ("Eat that frog" by Brian Tracy, "Get things done" by David Allen), Daily Docket to do list by Tsh Oxenreider and apps: wunderlist and Todois, mind mapping apps
- I got my best friend's old iMac (2007, Mavericks works still fine on this) and I enjoy the big 24" screen and all the apps that help me
- I had a hard look at myself after I inflamed my knee using Jillian Michael's "Ripped in 30" on a too hard a surface (yoga mat on our beautiful terracotta floor). I enjoy the programs, I did the 30 day shred again in May/June and felt great, but I don't enjoy the cardio part much. To take care of my knee I will do other things. I am doing Yoga since monday and I crave it so far. I have built it into my morning and evening routine. It's not so hard to do and I have several short or long videos, depending on how much time I have in the day. I will add more walking (Mon, Wed or Thu, weekend) and hopefully some more challenging yoga programs and some strength training. Maybe go back to Jillian in a few months, when I have built some strength and the knee has not responded with pain or anything...
- keep building my career: widen the network, applications, replace the students I have now with new ones
- exercice (Yoga AM/PM for beginners with Barbara Benagh for now, since Monday; strength training and interval/heavier yoga around 3 to 4 times a week, get the cardio through walking the steep hills of where I live now)
- get the cravings under control and find a balance between not blindly giving into them and letting myself have nothing. A small sweet a day and an occasional treat (when eating out every other month or at a birthday) is the goal
- Keep the habits I've built up, for they make me stronger, mentally balanced, but when stressed the have a tendency to be left undone.
- Track the exercise on sparkpeople. I tend to get tired of tracking. I will not even attempt to track the food. I am losing weight with what I do (healthy breakfast, no or little lunch, healthy evening meal)
Cheers everyone, how have you been?