Three Day Reboot with Joe = JUICING!
Monday, January 06, 2014
Inspired by Joe Cross & his documentary film Fat Sick & Nearly Dead, I recently completed the three days of juicing. A juicer came in our stocking this year, wink wink, and so I got started with it.
My experience was deep, and this is a superficial listing of thoughts on it all:
1. Crankiness and brain fog to be expected for first day or two
2. I stared at inanimate objects thinking about food, a lot, for minutes at a time.
3. I was living more in my mind and less in my stomach.
4. I wondered if this is why God asks us to fast.
5. I spent less time chewing and more time thinking.
6. I was not as easily angered overall, meaning that I was more peaceful, because I was subdued with hunger!
7. I journaled everyday, several times.
8. I tried lots of recipes, and only came near to vomiting once with a drink labeled for anti-stress, using tomato, parsley, onion, red pepper, lemon, etc.. If you count trying not to blow chunks as a stress reliever, that would fit.
9. I felt great by day 3, and even did a Biggest Loser DVD workout.
10. I would totally do it again.
Gained clarity, a refreshed palate for greens and fruits, a mini-detox of body & spirit. It was spectacular (and that doesn't mean easy, okay. Often what's worth having is worth working for.)
Support from my husband made this a success.
Blessings to you in 2014 and Happy New Year!