Sunday, January 05, 2014
Wow, so it's been a while since I blogged, I see.
I have been focusing on a plan for this new year so that I can see some progress in my weight loss journey this year. Is it all about weight loss? Definitely not. I haven't lost weight in, well, a while (I should check my reports). Yet I am wearing smaller sizes, am more comfortable in clothes that previously were too tight, and people are noticing.
But the thing is, my doctor WEIGHS me. So while I'm happy about the accomplishments listed above, she's still gonna yell at me next time I see her if I don't lose some pounds as well.
I have a few goals for 2014 -- not resolutions -- just things I want to focus on:
1. Be kinder to myself.
2. Grow in my spiritual life.
3. My physical home is my castle -- spend 15 minutes a day taking care of it.
4. And the purely resolution-y one: No ordering takeout/delivery from home.
During the holiday weeks, I've done some thinking and research about ways to get motivated and hopefully stay that way. Here's what I'm doing:
1. Every year I buy a wall calendar for my bedroom, but this year for the first time I'm using it as a tool. For January, I've written in the workouts I am going to do 5 days/week. Three CHX days following her calendar and two cardio days. That's step one. Step two is, I put a cute little sticker on the day after I complete my workout. This is already keeping me kinda motivated, and I'm excited to see what the calendar page will look like at the end of January.
2. My overall goal at this point is about 66 pounds away. Pretty daunting. So I know ideally about what I would like to lose this year (50 lbs). My plan is to have a goal each month of losing 4 pounds. I'm again using my wall calendar to keep track of this -- I'll write in my starting weight on the first Wednesday of the month and my ending weight on the last (day or Wednesday ... haven't decided).
3. I spent most of New Year's Day reading weight loss blogs. To be honest, I had no clue there were so many cool ones out there. I started a Pinterest account and have been pinning interesting-looking recipes there. I made one, for a chocolate/PB/banana smoothie, this morning. Packed full of protein and it was chocolate!
4. I joined a CSA. Now, because of the growing season in Pennsylvania it won't start until June, but I'm super-excited about having fresh, locally grown fruit and veg from June through November.
So that's my plan for 2014. Today, not even a week into the new year, I am feeling optimistic and motivated. Hope I can keep it up!