Survived the Holidays; Now to a Happy New Year!
Sunday, January 05, 2014
Christmas is a wonderful holiday; I love to decorate. I love the making of New Memories. I love celebrating Jesus' Birth. I love shopping trying to come up with thoughtful gifts. (This past Christmas I did ALL of it online....talk about surviving the madness of shopping mall and terrible traffic.)
Although I love all these things about Christmas and had a great holiday, December is a tough time for me. While I do enjoy the holidays...sometimes I feel like a survivor. I say this because in 1995 on December 4th my beloved mother passed away unexpectedly. Hence on Dec 4th I feel sad no matter how hard I try to think of the happy times. Christmas comes and goes. The music and most people's decorations are down which I find depressing. (This year I am keeping my little tree up and making it into a Valentine's day Tree; afterall it has pink lights on it). Anyhow I get through that and then December 30th comes and that is my mother's Birthday. Again another tough day to get through, but God has given me the grace to get through it and for that I am thankful.
So it's a New Year!
I have some goals I want to accomplish this year as I am sure many of us do.
My main goals are:
1. Get in 1500 steps 5 days a week. (have to keep it small amounts due to fibromyalgia)
2. Join the YMCA and go 3 times per week. (Doing PT aquatic exercises that I have learned.
3. Eat 3-5 servings of Fruits and veggies
4. Have Daily Devotion and Prayer time.
5. Here's the biggie.....Lose 30 lbs by April 17th which happens to be my brother's birthday. What a better gift could there be than a happier healthier sister!
Here's to a Happy 2014!!