from SOPHIABEE Whole Foods Team --go to meals
Sunday, January 05, 2014
- mashed avocado with cilantro, salt, and lime or lemon, rolled up in a few leaves of romaine with bell pepper and kidney beans
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa and 1/4 cup dry red lentils boiled with water, some squashed canned tomatoes, garlic, bell pepper, carrot, chopped white potato, and curry powder. this is really great for throwing into a pot and quick cooking
- chickpeas roughly mashed with a bit of soy mayonnaise (or plain soy yogurt) and a little bit of dijon mustard, and mixed with chopped pickles. tastes a little bit like tuna or chicken salad, good on whole grain bread or crackers.
- "salad bar." i try to always wash and spin dry a couple kinds of lettuce at once and then keep it in a bowl in the fridge, and also to chop up any vegetables i can right when i bring them home (peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.) and store them in plastic containers. this way when i want to throw together a quick salad it's no hassle, like going to a salad bar. i also keep a jar of homemade salad dressing in the fridge, and there's usually a container of beans in there as well.
- lately been experimenting with different marinades for tofu, so there's some baked tofu on hand sometimes too.