Sunday, January 05, 2014
While it can be discouraging to see how I haven't been consistently following my goals over the past year, I thought I'd review the positive points in 2013 for me:
1) I lost 3 lbs. While I wanted to lose more, the fact is I am three pounds lighter than I was a year ago when I came here to spark people. And I think that is something to celebrate. I did not gain weight.
2) I finished my Master's Degree. Yes, it took 4.5 years going part time while working full time, but I did it. It still hasn't fully hit me six months later that I am a masters preparred professional, but it feels good to be done and have some time to do other things in my life (like take better care of myself!).
3) I got myself out of a horrible work situation. I pride myself in not being a quitter, but it came to a point where I realized my job was not worth the daily stress and physical toll it was putting on me. I got out and I was able to pursue my dream of travel nursing. While it hasn't always been easy being a temporary employee at different hospitals, it's been an awesome growing experience to learn new things.
4) I have been able to travel places I've always dreamed about visiting! In this past year I have been to Alaska, Seattle, Portland, San Diego, and Los Angeles. All of these places have been beautiful, exciting, and a wonderful experience for me.
5) I got to go to DisneyLand and take my sister. Only a dream up until this year for both of us. I realize I'm an adult, but I truly enjoyed going and experiencing the magic.
6) I started taking up photography as a hobby. I really enjoyed photography in high school. Over the years I've watched good friends buy and take amazing photographs with their cameras and secretly been envious as my little point and shoot camera just hasn't done quite the trick I have wanted it to. My husband was kind enough to endulge me in getting a new DSLR camera before our Alaska adventure and we both now enjoy taking our own photographs.
So I would say that 2013 has been a pretty amazing year. I certainly am proud of where I am at. I wouldn't say every moment has been wonderful, but it has grown me and my character. I am looking forward to making 2014 amazing.