What I learned in 2013 - 7 decisions that helped me on my way.
Saturday, January 04, 2014
A friend gave me the book "The traveler's gift" by Andy Andrews. I recommend the book. It helped me cultivate a positive mental attitude as well as cultivating firm boundaries. Here are my affirmations from this as well as other books:
1) MY HISTORY IS INDEPENDENT OF MY FUTURE. "It's not my fault" takes my power away, I am weeding it out of my mind and vocabulary. I always have choices in every circumstance. I choose what to do according to my guiding principles no matter what other people think of me- being true to my inner core is empowering. The old phrase "the buck stops here" sums this one up.
2) I AM SEEKING WISDOM - "Let no one seek his own, but each one the otherís well-being." 1 Cor 10:24 is part of that wisdom. Understanding and utilizing the fact that "together, we are better" - surrounding ourselves with wise people who can be great sounding boards helps. To be a voracious reader, writer, and doer all help.
3) I AM A PERSON OF ACTION -act now and apologize later if necessary. We are all human and the reality is we will make mistakes, these are not to be considered failures, but learning opportunities
4) BY ALIGNING MY PRINCIPLES WITH MY DECISION MAKING I HAVE A UNITED HEART. I am not swayed by criticism, judgement, complaint or naysayers' views. I know I am working with all my heart and being true to looking out for others' best interests, regardless of how much or little they appreciate my efforts.
5) I AM HAPPY - it is a choice!
6) I AM A FORGIVING SPIRIT - forgiving allows me to "drop the baggage" and move on.
7) I AM PERSISTENT IN ALL THAT I DO - I choose to never give up, and never give in.