Friday, January 03, 2014
I am finally feeling better. What a long mixed up journey 2013 was. I started the year recovering from a bum foot. Ran the Donna Half in Jax Beach and felt decent. Ran the Rock CF Half on Grosse Ile (Mich) and injured my hip. After 7 months of hip pain, drugs and physical therapy I finally began to get better. November and December I was on the road a lot and then I got hit with a 3 week Upper Respitory Infection. I am ready to put this all behind me.
I just finished reading "Elite Minds" by Dr. Stan Beecham. It was a fascinating read that asks you to challenge yourself but takes you away from traditional goal setting.
Here are some things I am working toward in 2014:
1. Rim 2 Rim #12 this June
2. Run a Half Marathon in Jacksonville in February
3. Workout 300 days
4. Tackle relearning at least one Winter sport ... cross country skiing, downhill skiing, ice skating or snowshoeing
5. Begin Yoga
6. Start writing a book (got the idea on my run today) .....
7. Be a better coach ... Top 5 @ track team state ... To 10 @ CC state meet
8. Read 30 books ....
9. Run 1000 miles including the GLR
10. Eat more vegetables
11. Climb Mt. Washington
12. Log runs and food daily
13. Drink more Water