Okay, so for this month I've got my specific plan outlined. I'm giving myself the first week off since I'm still pretty sick. I did start a Sick Streak and today was Day 3. I've been taking a leisurely walk around the block to get some fresh air and vitamin D. Takes me about 12 minutes for a half mile journey. Anyway, I'm going to keep my goals as if I *was* counting the first week, just because my brain can't work hard enough yet to compensate.
I hope my specificity model will help you with making your fitness plans!
Fitness Focus: Walking
My goals are to get 250 fitness minutes per week (or 1000 fitness minutes for the month total) and to lose 4lbs.
I will accomplish this by:
1) Walking 5-7 days per week (35-50 minutes per day).
2) Eating healthy meals that are centered around vegetables and fruit.
3) Tracking meals 3x per week and tracking fitness every time.
I will track my goals by:
1) Using the Food and Fitness Trackers
2) Using my scale and tracking my weight on SparkPeople
I will know I've reached my goals when I see 185lbs on the scale and I've reached 1000 fitness minutes.
Items Needed to Achieve this Goal:
1) SparkPeople/Internet access
2) Support from my Spark Friends/AccountabiliBuddy(ies)
3) Good shoes
4) Heart Rate Monitor
I will find the time to accomplish these goals:
1) Until school starts, I'm pretty wide open!
2) When school starts (on the 20th or 21st) I will workout after classes, on non-class days, and on weekends (after church on Sundays).
Things I need to learn more about:
1) Heart rate monitor and it's benefits/usage.
People I can talk to for support:
1) Any of my SparkFriends, and specifically (so far) Malia, as she has said she'll help me be accountable. (Thank you, Malia!!!)
My goals' relevance:
1) I want to be healthier and to start losing the weight I've put on since moving back to El Centro. I also want to be a runner, so I'm going to start with walking as my base to improve.
I will reach my goal date by:
January 31, 2014
I will weigh weekly on Saturdays.
January 8- Abdominal workout
January 13- Legs workout
January 17- Butt Blaster workout
January 19- Tabata workout
January 21- Treadmill walk
January 23- Wii Dance (YouTube)
January 25- Sneaky Fitness
January 26- Chair Yoga
January 27- Cardio Kickboxing
January 29- Totally Body Toning
January 31, 2014- walk a timed 5k
Sundays- crockpot dinner preparation; breakfast preparation; lunch planning
Tu/Th/Sat- regular cooking dinners from planned healthy menu
Sunday- attend services; cook breakfast goodies for hospitality ministry
Tuesday- attend Bible study
Nightly- read Bible; pray
Start health & nutrition ministry by the end of July (fitness; good food) 1 Corinthians 6:20
Socializing with those friends
Read for pleasure
Work toward fitness, food, and spiritual goals
My reward for accomplishing 75% of goals: Home Facial
Facial scrub, mud masque, toner, moisturizer, maybe hot towel treatment.