2014 Bucket List (and last blog before ROME!)
Thursday, January 02, 2014
Okay, so it's been 2ish weeks since I've last blogged and this is the last time I will be able to until after I get back from my 10-day pilgrimage to Rome, Italy. I'm leaving tomorrow and will return January 13th. I'm excited but travelling always seems to make me anxious. Hopefully all this snow stops...
I've seen a few people making goal lists and I've read that when making resolutions, you are 80-something percent more likely to follow through if you tell others about them... so by sharing on SP, I feel I'm making myself as accountable as I can in this new year. So here goes!
1. I want to train/run consistently. I'm tired of dreading the days where I get out of breath and second-guess myself. No more of that. If I run, I'm a runner, and I need to keep running.
2. I want to sign up and run multiple races. Boyfriend and I are already signed up for the Warrior Dash in June. I plan on running our local 4th of July race and maybe the Chicago Get Lucky 7K in March??
3. I want to be a half marathoner. I have yet to sign up for this but hopefully after my trip, I will be inspired and will finally "buy" my spot for the race.
4. I want to get to ONEDERLAND. I have approximately 30 or so pounds to go. I can do this!
5. I want to be comfortable with my boyfriend picking me up.
6. I want to weigh what it says on my driver's license (okay, so ONEDERLAND plus 5lbs, haha).
7. I want my family to be proud of me and I want to inspire others to get healthy, too.
8. I want to start graduate school as a healthy 23-year old (OMG I TURN 23 THIS SEPTEMBER AHHH).
9. I want to be more consistent with my workouts. No more slacking!
10. No more snacking (in the sense of mindlessly rummaging through fridge/cabinets when I'm not hungry).
11. Cook more and portion control more!
12. Do more to enjoy life and just be happy.
So here's my list.. I'm sure I could think of more but that sounds good to me. Now to stick to my guns and make this year a good one! Or at least it will be after January 13th... I can't guarantee that I won't indulge in daily gelato and other delicious Italian treats while I'm there. I mean, YORO - You Only Rome Once! ;)