Thursday, January 02, 2014
Christmas was great! Family over for dinner. Very enjoyable. Went to bed that night and everything changed! Sick all night. Was sure I had poisoned everyone who had been there. Next day more of the same and then it got to the point where my insides felt bruised. I thought, "This is what you get for the pumpkin pie, pig picking cake and second helping of mashed potatoes!! Finally by Friday I couldn't stand it anymore and went to the emergency room. After about 7 hours of tests and trying to decide where to put me they transferred me to a hospital south of here. I apparently had a very infected gall bladder. Stayed there until Tuesday, on antibiotics, and they discharged me on Tuesday. It was the greatest Birthday gift !!! At least, I hadn' t given myself food poisoning or for that matter anyone else that had dinner with me.
Will have surgery in about two weeks and that will be the end of my great adventure.
Hope everyone had a great holiday and a Happy New Year.