Thursday, January 02, 2014
I am reading One Word: Change You Life with Just One Word by Mike Ashcraft. You pray about and pick one word to focus your relationship with God on for the year. So far it's going well but I have not yet selected the word. I have a list of two but we shall see where this leads. I'll let you know the word when I select it. I wrote health goals yesterday but I also have some spiritual goals that I am working on. I began this process in December preparing my testimony for a church Women's conference on 1/11/14. I am to speak.
1. One word hopefully selected by the 11th, to have a better relationship with Christ and grow spiritually in 2014.
2. Read Bible daily, this year has been about so many other medical issues and changes my Bible reading suffered. I however discovered my phone app and love to listen to the Bible when I walk. I will say my walk with Jesus was strong how could it not be he carried me most of the year!
3. Serve in the Nursery Ministry one time per month. I serve in the church doing the computer during service to play music, video's used, words to music, and scripture. We have a teenage girl who fills in for me and she will do so once per month.
4. Participate in the Women's ministry this year. It would fall on the third Saturday and this was my WLS support group date. Anyhow something always seemed to interfere this last year and I will make a commitment this year to participate and make it a priority.
5. Continue to post and write Blessings, giving thanks and positive affirmations on facebook, Sparkpeople, and/or my journal daily in 2014.
Well I am trying to start and end this year on the right track being a good steward of the body the Lord has provided me both physically and Spiritually. This I believe is the key to not regaining weight! I know God is in control and what he expects from me is to step forward in action to obey and he is in control of the rest of my life!