Wednesday, January 01, 2014
So it's the first day of the new year and looking forward and not back. Well back a little bit. Looking back at the wasted year, a year of falling off and getting back on, my weight going up and down, of failed commitments. The same old story that I always seem to say, well to myself at least that is.
This year is going to be different, hopefully.... that's why I wanted to write this blog and get my thoughts down, so here are my resolutions for 2014:
1. Write a daily blog so when I am feeling like giving up I can look back at where I started and give me that extra boost to keep going.
2. Walk Hally once a day or 5 days a week.
3. Once a week have a meatless day.
4. Eat 3 meals a day and 1-2 snacks. I have trouble with this one, if I have breakfast and that's a big "if" it's usually just coffee and then I don't eat until dinner. This past year my sugar has started crashing during the day so I would like to try to avoid this.
5. Focus more on cooking from scratch and not buying processed food. Hopefully this will be easier since for christmas I got a pasta roller and cutter attachments for the KitchenAid mixer and also an ice cream (frozen yogurt, sherbert, and sorbet) maker!
I'm hoping that I can keep these up, but if I do fail need to remember not to give up. Failures are to be expected, it's how I recover from them that is important.