Hi Everyone -- Happy New Year!
Someone in my family emailed this one around this morning. I thought I'd share it with the SparkPeople community. I think it's especially fitting here because there are so many people here making an impact on each other. Always remember that a gesture that might seem small to you could in fact end up being a life-changing moment for someone else who needs support.
Thanks again for your support!
You don't have to actually answer these questions, just ponder them.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman Trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America Pageant.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is… not many of us remember the headliners of yesterday.
These are not second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields.
But the applause dies.
Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one.
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money or the most awards. They simply are the ones who care the most.
I have passed this on to wonderful people in my life.
Enjoy the New Year! You are appreciated!