Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Time to make peace with the year behind me. It was not without its struggles...but all in all I am OK with it. I have some great ideas for 2014...but first I want to remember the GOOD things that happened this year...in various areas:
* Lowered my cholesterol by a few points
* Put the brakes on the upward direction of the scale!
* Did the very best I could with fitting in exercise.
* Made a breakthrough in combating some intense stress at work...figured out my own little system and learned to stand up for myself better.
* Tried my hand at "giving up" something completely from my diet that is bad for me. Succeeded for a bit.
* Had a wonderful 1st birthday party for my son
* Had a wonderful 4th birthday party for my other son
* Wholeheartedly Supported my sister as her matron of honor when she got married
* Visited my Grandmother in my hometown as often as I could
* Saw my husband through two surgeries on his own health journey, gratefully rejoiced when they were a success.
* Supported my husband's family by being a bridesmaid and also making plans to spend some time with them on a holiday that held the significance of a departed loved one's birthday.
*Had a nice Easter visiting my mom
*Enjoyed a couple visits with my friends from Buffalo (kind of like family)
*Joined another wonderful Spark team and met a lot of new friends.
*Led two bell choirs in a new direction at church....Really enjoy working with the kids.
*Took care of some long lingering clutter items around the house...also started a few projects.
*Went a couple of favorite places for date nights with my dear husband...just us.
*Stained my sons' swingset...lots of days of "just getting out there" to work on it.
And the highlight of my year?
Taking a wonderful trip with my husband and sons.