I joined Sparkpeople in August 2010. As I was thinking about 2014 Goals, I decided to go back and see what my goals had been in the past as a new year was about to begin since joining.
My goals for 2011:
1. Lose the rest of my weight - at that time I had about 50 more pounds to lose.
2. Pay off one credit card
3. 315 minutes of fitness per week
How did I do in 2011? I did not lose the entire 50 pounds, but I made good progress, as I did also on the 315 minutes of fitness, which was quite a goal considering that when I had begun, I could barely do 15 minutes per day. I had discovered that I enjoyed walking, which was quite the surprise. I didn't do so well on the credit card goal.
My goals for 2012:
1. Continue my fitness journey
2. Read the book of Matthew 10 times
3. Complete 4 prayer shawls
4. Pay 1/2 of a credit card off
5. Complete one Xmas quilt
6. Contact one family member/day
7. Periodically check progress on the goals
How did I do in 2012? I achieved my revised goal of 150# in fall 2012, and I continued to exercise. I read Matthew 4 times; I guess that was better than not reading it at all. I didn't complete the prayer shawls, because I continued to watch the tendonitis that had ensued, but I have since begun some children's caps that are crocheted, but look as if they are knitted; I donated 5? 6? to a local shelter and would like to have at least one per month to donate in Fall 2014. I have one made already, and have skeins of yarn to make others. I did pay off 1/2 of a credit card. I put a border on one of the Xmas quilts, and it hangs nicely over a plastic hanger in a closet awaiting finishing. I have the batting, but need to get the backing and the binding material. I will still have a backlog of two Christmas quilts when this one is done. I did contact one family member per day, but texting makes that easy. I did occasionally write blogs about my progress.
My goals for 2013:
1. Return to 150#
2. Use up/recycle
3. Eat more freggies
4. Encourage Sparkfriends
How did I do in 2013? I didn't return to my 150# lowest weight; I participated in RVEnthusiast challenges and BLC challenges, and I feel that helped me NOT to gain more. I am usually somewhere in the 160s, and got as low as 161, but that was the lowest I was. My original goal was 155, and my PCP wanted me to get to 150. Yet, she didn't mention my weight this entire year, and when I was heavier, she mentioned it every time I was there. I made progress in my use up/recycle as I used yarn I already had to make ribbon yarn necklaces for a fund raiser and also regular yarn for the children's caps that I mentioned. I have also made some potholders from fabrics from earlier projects. I know that I ate more freggies as a result of challenges, as well as encouraging Sparkfriends for the same reason.
So what will be my 2014 goals?
1. I will return to the 150s. I am not sure 150 is the best for me; 155 may be more do-able. I have recently discovered that I enjoy yoga stretching and stretching in general. I also continue walking and resistance band workouts. I will do the resistance bands workouts twice per week.
2. I will continue to reuse/recycle. I still have more yarn and fabric from past projects.
3. I will finish the Christmas quilt that I mentioned earlier. I believe it will be the right size to use on our bed in the Christmas 2014 season. I will still have two to make, but I need to start with one.
4. I will log freggies and water. This seems harder since the Start page has been re-designed, but I have already begun a January 2014 log that is on my fridge.
5. I will pay off a credit card. I have a plan in place to do this already. I will have this done prior to December 2014, but it may be that it may be done by June 2014.
Let's make this a great 2014. I "named" my 2013 my "Year of Optimism" and for the most part, it was, in spite of some hard things that we all have at some time or other. I have chosen to make 2014 my "Year of Finding Joy".