Saturday, December 28, 2013
I don't really believe in New Year's Resolutions. If you want to make a positive change in your life, it's ALWAYS a good time to do it. However, I do think about the idea of New Years Resolutions this time of year, and the temptation of a fresh start. I was playing around on pinterest the other day and found my ULTIMATE New Years Resolution list (as far as my diet goes). Evidently it's the "Skinny Rules" by Bob Harper. I'd like to incorporate as many of these rules into my diet as possible (if not all of them):
1. Drink a Large Glass of Water Before Every Meal - No Excuses!
2. Don't Drink Your Calories
3. Eat Protein at Every Meal - or Stay Hungry and Grouchy
4. Slash Your Intake of Refined Flours and Grains
5. Eat 30 to 50 Grams of Fiber a Day
6. Eat Apples and Berries Every Single Day. Every. Single. Day!
7. No Carbs After Lunch
8. Learn to Read Food Labels So You Know What You Are Eating
9. Stop Guessing About Portion Size and Get It Right - for Good
10. No More Added Sweeteners, Including Artificial Ones
11. Get Rid of Those White Potatoes
12. Make One Day a Week Meatless
13. Get Rid of Fast Foods and Fried Foods
14. Eat a Real Breakfast
15. Make Your Own Food and Eat at Least Ten Meals a Week at Home
16. Banish High-Salt Foods
17. Eat Your Vegetables - Just Do It!
18. Go to Bed Hungry
19. Sleep Right
20. Plan One Splurge Meal a Week