Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Saturday night was the culmination of about 3 months planning.
From the outside I am aware it doesn't sound like much - I attended a gig, where I happen to know the lead singer of the support act.
However it was a big deal because:-
1) it would have been easier not to go as my husband didn't want me to go
2) it would have been easier not to go as I was scared - same lead singer hadn't seen me in 20 + years, and I used to have a crush on him, so pride was up for a mega fall
3) it would have been easier not to go as I couldn't really afford it
4) it would have been easier not to go because 40 something year old mums don't travel 200 miles each way to visit a rock club
5) 40-something year old mums don't generally go to clubs
6) it represented everything I used to be, and want to be, but haven't been in a long, long time
So I went, and I had a good time, and my old friend asked me how I still look exactly the same (bless him for not noticing the 20+ lbs and extra wrinkles)
I don't want stuff anymore, I want experiences.
I don't want to be defined as a 40-something mum, I want to be a 40-something rocker, who gives the young'uns a run for their money
I don't want to be afraid to live, I want to live full on.
Nuff said - moving on