Who’s in charge of Santa’s Workshop?
What future TV anchorman was the public address announcer in 1962 when the Houston Colt .45s made its debut as a National League baseball expansion team?
Dan Rather, who was paid $10 a game to handle the microphone for the team, now known as the Astros. At the time Rather was a news director for a Houston TV station.
ONLY ON TV
* If it’s just about Christmas, that never-before-seen, kindly old man with the white beard just might be the real Santa.
* Gifts aren’t wrapped the usual way. Box tops and box bottoms are wrapped separately.
* If a man engages in suspicious, secretive behavior, his wife or girlfriend will fear he’s cheating. But he’s actually planning either a surprise party or a marriage proposal.
Actress Lana Turner and Judge Joseph Wapner of The People’s Court dated in high school.
HOW TO SAY “MERRY CHRISTMAS” IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES
• “Gezur Krislinjden” (Albanian)
• “Boas Festas” (Portuguese)
• “Mele Kalikimaka” (Hawaiian)
• “Hyvaa joulua” (Finnish)
• “Merry Keshmish” (Navajo)
• “Gledileg Jol” (Icelandic)
• “Joyeux Noël” (French)
• “Kung His Hsin Nien bing Chu Shen Tan” (Mandarin Chinese)
• “Noeliniz Ve Yeni Yiliniz Kutlu Olsun” (Turkish)
• “Buon Natale” (Italian)
AN ITALIAN VERSION OF SANTA IS LA BEFANA, AN OLD WOMAN ON A BROOM, BEARING GIFTS.