I've always been the type of person who lives in the past. Well, NO MORE!! What's past is past. I can't change it. I can't second-guess myself anymore. Time to become a forward thinker! A year is a long way off, obviously, but it's fun to think about what could happen...
1. My Sweet Adelines chorus will have competed in Baltimore, Maryland in November. As much coaching and rehearsing as we have coming up, I can't imagine we'll do horrible! Maybe Top 20? Top 10 would be great, but we're going up against some HUGE choruses! One of my goals is to walk 1,163 miles in the next year. That is the distance from my house to the hotel where we'll be staying in Baltimore next November. I can easily do that in 11 months! It would also be nice to have to go down a size or two in my competition outfit!
2. This time next year, I will have just passed my one-year anniversary at work. I LOVE MY JOB!! I think the reason I love it so much is that I had NEVER done what I'm doing before, so I didn't have a pre-conceived idea of how to do it. I'm learning a ton and looking forward to learning even more! Hard to believe I've almost been there 2 weeks!
3. This time next year, my Grandpa will be 97. I don't know if he'll still be alive or not, but considering he works out 3 days a week at the Wellness Center here in town (more than I do sometimes!), he's got a great chance! He still lives in his own "cottage". Hopefully he won't end up having to go into the manor itself. It's a LOT more expensive, but he's got Macular Degeneration horribly so it may eventually come down to that. I'm going to enjoy him as long as I can! I take him to breakfast every Saturday morning (or almost every Saturday morning). I drive, he pays. He seems to think it's a huge inconvenience for me to get up early on a Saturday morning, but there's nothing I'd rather do more than spend time with him!
4. This time next year, I don't know where I'll be in terms of a relationship. Tony and I are good friends, but I don't really see a future for us. For one thing, we live an hour away from each other. That makes things quite difficult. There are some other differences we'd have to work out as well. I'm just going to enjoy the friendship and not worry about anything else. Sure, I'd like to be in a serious relationship but I haven't really found the right person to be in a serious relationship with. I think I'll just focus on getting myself healthier!
Other goals for 2014:
* Be able to afford to rent my own place! I still have a few bills to get paid before I can do that, though. The trip to Baltimore isn't going to be cheap!
* I want to be able to run the 5K Freedom Run on the 4th of July in under 35 minutes. 45 minutes was the last time I remember...Maybe if I can get down to 150 by July, I can do it. That's about 45 pounds in 6 months. If I can cut down on the junk, I should be okay.
* Be able to share clothes with my Mom. She's a 10-12, right now I'm about a 16-18, or 18-20 on my fatter days. I just need to get off my butt and do something! I've become a slug since I started my new job. I'm going to renew my Wellness Center membership later today since I'm getting paid from my second job. This pay gap has been pretty rough!
Anyway, this time next year things should be looking pretty good! Will be exciting to see!
Have a Fantastic Friday, all! Snow's expected this weekend!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
F.R.O.G. (Fully Rely On GOD!)