Tuesday, December 17, 2013
As always I am writing this at the last minute for my BL team challenge. I feel like I write the same goals at the beginning of each challenge. SO I am trying to come up with something different. I can't keep trying the same things and expecting different outcomes.
1 I am going to try and relax - but i do not mean take a nap kind of relax. I mean trying not to be so strict and hard on myself. I adhere so closely to numbers and fitness minutes that it becomes a chore or a mindless activity. By letting go a little I hope to find that i reduce the stress level of trying to be perfect. I hope to find less disappointment in myself. I hope to start to enjoy doing these things again.
2. I am going to spend more time here on SP, rekindling friendships and giving encouragement.
3. I am going to spend more time with my photography hobby. It brings me pleasure and it gets me outdoors, hiking and enjoying nature.
4. I am going to try to reach out more. By doing this I hope to get my mind off myself and think more of others.
5. I am going to pray and meditate more frequently
6. I am going to count my blessings every day
I know none of these seem weight loss related. But I have been under so much stress for the past several years I have been unable to lose weight. Instead I have gained. I think my priority has to be to get back to a place of contentment. Right now I do not like myself very much. I record my mood as 2 or 3 every day on my start page. I need to shake things up and turn things around. So this is my plan for the winter challenge.