Sunday, December 15, 2013
Well, my top ten anyway! Some are new and some old. A few date from my childhood--my family always had an odd mix of religious and irreverent love for the season (see The 12 Pains of Christmas). In no particular order:
1. The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole
2. The Little Drummer Boy by Bing Crosby (w/David Bowie)
3. Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses
4. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen by Barenaked Ladies
5. Please Come Home for Christmas by Aaron Neville
6. Good King Wenceslas by Loreena McKennitt
7. The 12 Pains of Christmas by Bob Rivers
8. Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliciano
9. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Judy Garland
10. Believe by Josh Groban
And 2 that aren’t songs, but rather Christmas vignettes of sort:
1. Frontier Christmas by Hudson and Landry. Here’s the link to the video—ignore it because it’s way irritating and listen to the words instead.
2. Christmas Dragnet by Stan Freberg.