Thursday, December 12, 2013
OK, so far I have lost 1kg, and am frustrated since I put in so much effort.
Even during parties & functions I have been good. But did go slightly over my goal at times. Well several things I have realized:
1. It is much harder to loose at this point - I guess Perimenopause is not planning to leave me any time soon.... Yikes 3 years is already enough......
2. I really need to find the money to go for a gynae check-up with hormone tests (insurance does not pay for it and they are not cheap...)
3. I do have a problem with eating mindless nibbles again when under stress. I thought I had it controlled - I did for quite some time, but it crept up again. Since there is no ice cream in my house I over-indulge right now in things like nuts etc. nibbling them when I shouldn't because they are not planned for.
4. Due to the extreme stress I am going through at work, I forget a lot of things, but this week I realized the tendency to "forget" to enter some of those nibbles and then feeling smug I staid in the caloric limit, while I probably hadn't. Then hours later I remember I hadn't entered the nibbles. I guess my subconscious is playing tricks on me.....
5. I need a new job, even though there are a few positive developments at my work, so there is hope for real change, it will take too long and I will go under along the way.
I have a formal interview next week with a company, where I already had 2 informal interviews and they have indicated they want to make me an offer. Wish me luck!