Hello to all my dearest SparkFriends! I'm SO sorry I've been MIA for these last 4 months! I can't believe it's been FOUR months since I blogged!
First off, my dear husband started a new job on September 23 after 10 months of unemployment which was the FIRST time in our marriage without a job. He is working as a Sales manager for a GREAT COMPANY! God was so, so faithful to meet our every need during the time off, and we give Him thanks for His abundant lovingkindness towards our family.
I've been following the Trim Healthy Mama eating plan [controlled carb diet, lower glycemic diet: www.trimhealthymama.com
] since June, and I've lost 10#'s, I have another 10# to lose before I'm back at goal weight. But the MOST significant thing I've learned in these last 6 months is that I have adrenal issues and that this is the trump card that **prevents** weight loss--the more I get healed, the more I'm seeing the scale cooperate!
1. Natural vitamin C therapy called Lipo C
2. Epsom salt baths
3. Drinking Salt water 2x daily
4. Daily naps
5. 8-10 hours of sleep a night
6. Learning to deal with stress [daily prayer and time in the Word of God]
7. Natural calm at night before bed
8. Controlling my carbs--haven't had refined sugar [except hidden sources, I'm sure] for over 7 months. Eating a balance of good fats and good carbs has been very healing for my body.
9. Gentle exercising--no more than 1/2 hour daily, although I haven't done any lately because I'm dealing with neck and shoulder pain.
My kids are doing great. Nicholas graduates from UW Stout in May, Nate is going to the community college and is in the Army National Guard, Andrew is a Sophomore at UW Stout, Jonathan is at the community college and in the Army National Guard. Daniel is a JR., Stephen a Freshman, Mary is in 5th grade this year, and Sammy is in 2nd grade. My latest feat was processing and canning about 220 quarts of applesauce.
Okay, well that's about all in a nutshell. Love you all, and think of you SO, SO OFTEN!!!!!