Saturday, December 07, 2013
Well I made it through the Thanksgiving weekend. Some of the family stayed through Friday and the rest left on Sunday. I spent Monday in bed. One change I made was not to fix food for anyone on Friday or Saturday. They were responsible for going out or eating what was in the refrigerator. This made it easier for me because I could concentrate on myself and be less tempted by the leftovers.
I put some of the leftover turkey into small portions and put it in the freezer. I also ate vegetarian for the weekend which helped to fill me up but keep the calories down. Although I did have leftover stuffing and mashed potatoes.
Some things I learned about celebrations and holidays:
1. I AM GOING TO EAT HIGH CALORIE FOODS!
2. I can control portions on most everything if there are healthy foods to snack on
3. I have a really HARD time controlling portions on trigger foods
4. Leftovers in the refrigerator call to me and I answer back a resounding YES!
5. My cravings return in full force for days after overeating high calorie food
6. Logging food is just not possible when life is in chaos
7. Routine exercise is hard to do but when the house is full of people it disappears
8. Having a plan to get back into healthy eating routine is critical
There is no way to participate in a celebration without the calorie count going high. Looking at the calories for the Thanksgiving Dinner dishes I realized that I would only be able to eat a minuscule portion of anything. So I made sure that what I fixed was as healthy as it could be and then enjoyed myself.
Wearing skinny clothes also helped me to remember to be sensible. I think that looking my best really did help me to make good choices and to control my portions. It made me realize that I definitely have to give up the clothes that do not fit, that are baggy and too large.
Right now is the in between time and I have my weight back down to 154. This was by getting back to logging in food, managing portions and emphasizing the vegetables and salads. Although I have had a difficult time getting back into the exercise routine. I made myself start out small and I am working my way back to my normal amount of minutes. This has been successful.
So my revised holiday program is:
1. Drink water before every meal and drink a glass with each meal
2. Make a list of noshes and appetizers that are low calorie and buy them instead of high calorie snacks.
2. Eat more slowly, the fork down.
4. Make a lot of fresh salads
5. Record food eaten every day
6. Do get in the exercise, even if I have to get out before breakfast
7. Post weight each Tuesday
8. No Pizza, Spaghetti or flour tortillas for November and December
9. Avoid all full fat dairy for November and December
10. Wear clothes that show off weight loss
11. Make smaller amount of food for social occasions. NEW
12. Toss leftovers sooner rather than later NEW
Goal Weight 154
Nov 10 156.5
Nov 17 154.5
Nov 24 153.5
Dec 1 156.5