Tuesday, December 03, 2013
I weigh every day. For those of you that don't I fully support your decision not to (grin) for me it's a check and balance. If I see an uptick I work a little harder to eliminate sodium, push water and eat cleaner. If I see it go down it motivates me to push even more. It's brought me to a place where I have learned to love the fractions! My scales measure to the tenth of a pound and some days that TEENY loss is enough to make me feel good about my progress and push forward.
Today was just such a day 0.2 down. Oh how I love that "down" part. Those fractions add up. I've lost a "whole" human being off my frame over three years and 4 months. It didn't come in big chunks (oh at the very beginning when I was 350 I was losing 3-4 pounds a week but that quickly slowed when I got under 300 to 1 lb. a week and in the past year it's been more like 0.5 ... but it ADDS up.
I was asked to do an "exercise" for a sparkpeople team where I had to list how I had changed and I'm going to share a few of them with you:
1) I drink no soda pop (none since June 2012)
2) I share entrees at restaurants
3) I don't eat fast food OTHER than Subway and Wendy's small chili on occasion.
4) I never order a burger and fries
5) I have increased my fruits, vegetables, legumes and whole grains.
6) I have learned to ask for special prep on my food in restaurants.
7) I exercise DAILY
8) I have walked two official 5K's and many virtual ones.
9) I fit in an airplane seat with NO extender
10) I can go up and down stairs without huffing and puffing
11) I have NORMAL blood chemistry!
12) I have more toned muscles.
13) I SMILE a lot more
14) I have learned how to read nutrition labels and do!
15) I can go through turnstiles normally
16) I can sit in booths and have room left over
17) I don't feel like everyone is staring at me in public places.
18) My doctor is THRILLED
19) I have more energy and do more.
20) I have hope for a brighter future.
Yes I LOVE fractions now! I've left a trail of fractions behind me.
Take joy in your fractions. They count!