Monday, November 25, 2013
First of all – anyone else really surprised to find that it is Thanksgiving (AND Hannukah?!) this week?!?!?!
I’m VERY tempted to throw in the towel this week and do my own thing. Two holidays, two days off, a baking contest at work, etc… UGH. I’m working on convincing myself to behave instead.
The past couple days have been a rollercoaster. Our best friends came in town and we hadn’t seen them in 6 months. But to back up…
Thursday night my bf and I went to the symphony. We got the tickets for free so we decided to have dinner out before the show. I only had like 2 drinks but ended up feeling it way too much. The show was awesome though!
Friday I was working from home, thank goodness, because I had a terrible headache and upset stomach all day. I have had hangovers but this was worse. I ended up in bed by 730…
Saturday we did a ton of bridal stuff (my friend said yes to the dress!) and had a big dinner/hangout with our friends. We went to a restaurant in the city and saw a few snowflakes! I was “bad” and got a burger and fries (I hadn’t been to this place since May ’12 and they are known for these burgers…) and ended up only eating half whereas last time I inhaled the whole thing. Is that progress?
Yesterday we chilled and I dropped one of my friends back at the airport. I shed a tear, it hurt to see her go. I miss her! The Ravens won, I ran errands, and my bf hosted poker night. I made homemade kale chips with garlic, paprika and chili powder. I brought them to work today to snack on.
I originally wanted to come on here to whine, but I decided I’ll lay everything out like this – BAD, GOOD, THANKFUL.
- I’ve had a headache since Thursday. It might be time to call the doc again. At first I thought I was getting a cold or fighting one off, but now I’m just really tired of feeling like this.
- This headache has kept me from doing much exercise besides the squats challenge which is now over because…
- I had to quit the squats challenge. Maybe my form is off, or maybe I do them too fast, but yesterday I felt something pop below my kneecap so I stopped. Last night I woke up with my knee twitching! What did I do?!?!?!
- It was good to see my friends but them leaving has made me very sad. My bf and I are also spending Thanksgiving apart for the first time in years. More sadness.
- I spent over an hour commuting to work this morning only to discover I left my computer at home. I am awesome. Not.
- This week is thanksgivikkuh! I get latkes and turkey! Woo hoo!
- I bought xmas lights and some decorations. It is going to get pinterest crafty for the holidays around my house!
- I’m secretly excited for it to rain tomorrow so that I can wear my new rain boots!
- I haven’t picked my cuticles in one whole week!!!!!!!!!!!!! This may not seem like much to others but this is a HUGE streak for me!!!!!!
- For my one coworker who is making all of the difference for me right now. She caught me before I melted down this morning when I realized I forgot my laptop. She is very understanding and helpful.
- For my ability to buy fresh kale, spend time baking it, and having fresh kale chips today. That is a luxury others can’t afford.
- For spark, for letting me type ridiculous blogs like this!
Trying to make it a good short week and at least not beat myself up for whatever happens Thursday. It is Thanksgiving, we’re supposed to be thankful not guilty!