DIY Challenge Entry Form
My Challenge Name: Suck it up, Buttercup!! Why?: I need to stop whining, get off my back side and get with the program!
MyStarting Weight: 190 lbs (approximate. My scale is dead and I really am not focusing on strength more than weight)
Four Other things I will be measuring during this challenge & their current stats:
1. Strength Level (low right now, coming back from an injury)
2. Clothing size 12-14, would like to be a low 12 by the end of the challenge
3. Time golfing and practicing, now... none
4. Tracking and measuring food, get back to logging and following a program
If I am going to be 100% honest with myself, the reason I am doing this challenge is because:
I'm travelling to Scotland September 2014 for the World Masters Highland Games. I’m not going that far to be last place!!!
I feel like the reason that I have not been progressing as well as I hoped I would be is because:
I have been making too many excuses. I have not been focused. I did have a back injury that is in recovery.
This time, I commit to finishing my challenge because I know that:
People are watching!! (Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they are not watching me!!)
I'm scared of:
Failing and gaining all my weight back, getting hurt and losing strength. Going all the way to Scotland to make an a$$ of myself.
I want to: Be healthy, fit, sexy and happy with my body.
But I have faith in: ME!! I am the one who put the weight on. I am the only one who can take it off! I have support, I have a plan, I have the means and the method ready to go!!
And THIS TIME, I will NOT quit, because THIS TIME: I have a set goal beyond a number on a scale.
My top five non-health related motivations right now are:
1. I will be going clothing shopping with my favorite 11 year old fashionista.
2. I pledge to NEVER have to shop in the “women’s” clothing area again.
3. I want to date more, and I know that it will help to look and feel better.
4. I want to look better in my kilt at the Highland Games
5. I will be going to the water park and I REFUSE to wear a t-shirt over my suit.
The best way to motivate me is to:
Let me know you care. Let me know you care enough to notice when I am struggling.
The best way I can motivate myself is to:
to be responsible, accountable for what I eat, and how much I move and lift.
My name is Gretchen and I will Suck It Up and Succeed!!